Whip a rope end
Before you use a rope, you need to “whip” the ends together so they don’t fray and unravel. A frayed rope is not a secure rope! Follow these simple instructions to whip and seal the end of your rope.
What you’ll need:
- fine line or twine to wrap the end or the rope
- lighter (ask and adult for help!)
- sharp knife to trim the rope (ask an adult for help!)
- Don’t touch the melted rope or you will burn yourself
- Don’t let the melted rope drip on you
- Be careful to only melt the rope – not burn it!
- Make your whipping neat and tight or it won’t secure very well.
blog comments powered by Disqus